30 Days of Kink: Transparency

Day 25: How open are you about your kinks?

Generally, I'm the sort of person that tells it like it is and doesn't sugarcoat things. I am completely open about my being in the BDSM lifestyle as well as my side job on Edenfantasys as a reviewer. I am open about it at work, I am open about it with my family members, and I am open about it with friends and potential partners. I don't leave anything secret, but I do warn that if the person doesn't want to be either shocked or surprised by information that they should keep their questions to themselves.

Since I have a slave now, I do not refer to her in conversation by her first name. It's simply not something I use often. I refer to her as the slave, my slave, or my girl. People's eyes might go wide, but I do not really care too much. If they didn't want to talk to me, they don't have to, and I'll leave them alone. If they ask me to keep the information to myself, I will. But if they ask questions, they are consenting to receive answers, and it simply isn't my fault that they disliked the answers they received.

I stand by my lifestyle choice, and it is who I am. It does not affect me in a work environment. In fact, I think that it enhances it, since I am able to both stand up for myself and bow when I need to (to my higher ups and superiors) since I understand hierarchy and where I fall down the line. It also makes me a better teacher, more patient, understanding, and conscious of the words I use and the things I say to my students. If an employer dislikes my lifestyle choice, well, that is their choice to dislike it. But it is my choice to engage in it. I do not bring it to my work space, I do not bring my riding crops or canes with me to work. I am very professional, and good at what I do, so I see no reason to hide who I am.

On the whole, it's just a part of me, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking