Big Spikey Collar by Leatherbeaten

The "Big Spikey Collar" is my favorite collar for myself. I have a couple of others that I enjoy to wear on special occasions, like my Master collar and a dog neoprene collar that I bought at Target (along with a little collar that I bought for my little girl which she lost, I was so upset), but this collar made by Leatherbeaten certainly surpasses all of my others. I absolutely love its intimidating look and its frightening demeanor; it matches my personality, and it's so well-made that it will still be around throughout my entire life. I am very happy that my favorite sex toy shop provided me with this wonderful collar.

When and where to wear the collar
So, how exactly does one wear a collar of such...dominance? Of course, it's made for a certain type of person, with its extremely long spikes and frightening demeanor. After putting it on, you can wear it a number of different places, and don't take my suggestions as the only places. You can wear it to: clubs, BDSM events, dress-up parties, anime conventions, BDSM conventions. As someone who is dominant, I find it perfect for home use when I feel like dressing up in certain outfits for play, but it isn't something that I'd necessarily wear out. My little girl, however, does love seeing this on me as it fits my personality perfectly.

How the collar's made and what it's made of
The Big Spikey Collar (I love that name...it's really hilarious) is made of a high quality cowhide leather that's vegetable tanned to make it especially taut and strong to hold the heavy spikes. The buckle is a spike design where the spike goes through the adjustment holes over both straps to make a perfect fit. It's a very comfortable collar to wear, and doesn't itch whatsoever or scratch the skin.

This collar's main focus are its nine intimidating, eye-opening spikes. They're made of nickel-plated steel, are about 1 1/8" in length, which is bigger than most designs I've seen, and are very pointy—I pressed my fingers against them and they definitely can do some damage. They'd give a nice sting if you decided to take the collar off and smack someone's butt with them; of course, don't do such a thing without caution. The rivets holding the spikes in place are made of nickel-plated brass; do be cognizant of any allergies you might have.

At a full length of 19" when laid down, the strap accommodates necks sized 10½" to 16½". Within those sizes, there are a total of twelve adjustment holes, six on each side of the strap, allowing you to fit a wide range of combination fits within those measurements. (This is the smaller size that I'm talking about.) The leather that it's made of is extremely firm because of the methods used to tan it; though I personally would have preferred it to be a much softer leather, it is necessary that it's that firm because it holds the spikes straight out and erect—they don't droop at all.

The buckle is actually really aggravating to adjust. The Dauphine collar's buckle is the same design, but since the leather is very flexible on Dauphine and not tanned, it isn't hard to adjust. Because of the Big Spikey Collar's firm leather, the buckle is very difficult to adjust and fit alone. This is not ideal since it is a more dominant collar; to have someone put it on you would be a little odd, if not "off." Adjusting the collar in the front of your neck and in front of a mirror does help and makes it a lot easier.

Packaging, maintenance, and how to store
The collar came in a little plastic baggie, stickered and tagged. You can basically store the collar anywhere and not worry about it, though I personally wouldn't put it in especially damp places. You can put it in a drawer, keep it in a closet, but make sure that it occasionally gets some breathing time. If the collar gets dirty, simply wipe it down with a damp towel to clean it off.

Extra comments and performance
This has become my favorite collar (for myself, of course; I'd never put something of this caliber on my little girl). For as long as I can remember—since I was a young child, actually—I had wanted a collar like this one. High-quality leather, huge spikes, with an intimidating look that's suitable for dominants and fetish-enthusiasts alike; it's an absolutely beautiful collar that's made well. I cannot say enough to say how much I love this collar from Leatherbeaten.

product picture
Collar by Leatherbeaten
Material: Metal / Leather
Safety:
This product was provided free of charge to the reviewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking