30 Days of Kink: Attraction

Day 13: Explain as best you can what the appeal of kink/BDSM is to you. Why are you drawn to what you’re drawn to?

God, to even describe the appeal of BDSM is to attempt to give a reason for mankind. I have no idea what it is that draws me to it. I could list tangible things, like the feeling of excitement, amusement, and pleasure it gives me, but when it truly is broken down, I have no idea. I wish that I did know, though. It would help me in a lot of areas to know.

It makes no sense to me, why I was drawn to it. I never was drawn to it. It's just a fact of life that I've always known. It developed. Nothing in particular attracted me, nothing phased me. I honestly thought that BDSM relationships were how every couple was when I was younger, I didn't know that people could be vanilla. So I was born into this world thinking that everything was just so, was just that way. But it's not, obviously.

When I was five years old, I knew that I was into handcuffs and shackles. And maybe that's not the level that I'm at now, yes, my identity developed as the years went on. But isn't that true for anything? A relationship develops, people develop. It's not that my interests changed, it's simply that I grew up. So to even define the appeal, I cannot.

I think that the only thing that I've ever been truly drawn to was sex toy use, in all honesty. Not BDSM. BDSM was my constant, it was something that I was always aware of and that I always knew of. Vibrators drew me to them when I realized that, hey, maybe it can be fun to use them on a partner and tease them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking