30 Days of Kink: Pet Peeves in the Community

Day 18: Any kinky/BDSM pet peeves? If so, what are they?

Age/appearance discrimination. God, is that a big one for me. Generally speaking, the BDSM community is very accepting of others, regardless of shape, size, and general stature. However, if you appear young and small, some people assume "submissive, inexperienced." It's truly a shame. As someone who is extremely short, and very youthful in looks, it gets very aggravating to have to constantly correct people. No, I'm not submissive. No, I am not inexperienced. Yes, I am fully aware of my interests, likes, and dislikes. Yes, I know what I want from a relationship. I would not have a problem with correcting people so much if they actually accepted what I told them as truth and nothing else. I'm the type of person that dislikes it when people make assumptions, period. There's no reason to, and it's honestly unnecessary. It's better to ask what a person identifies as and accept them as such than to assume their identity based on their appearance.

After all, "Assume makes an ass out of you and me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking