30 Days of Kink: Titles

Day 29: Do you have a BDSM title (e.g. mistress, master, slut, pig, whore, princess, goddess, ma’am, sir)? What is your opinion of the use of titles in general?

I do indeed have a title. Currently, my only title is Sir, though in the past, it has been many things: King, Daddy, Master, Your Highness, Mi'lord, God, Satan, and so on, so forth. I honestly enjoy titles. My favorite would have to be when someone refers to me as their King, but that's extremely intimate and reserved for certain people and situations. More commonly, I like "Sir." "Sir" is fitting for me; it's short, direct, and to the point.

Titles, in my opinion, aren't so much important as they are something that comes naturally. Generally speaking, titles are meaningless to me—how a person acts and carries themselves means more than a simple word on a placard. I place a high value on titles because, if used, the person with the title must be able to back that title up. I would not consider myself a Dominant or Sir if I did not hold myself to the level of decency that I do. I feel the same for submissives and slaves, and while there is no one "right" way to be either, I do expect a certain level of respect and decency from most everyone involved in the lifestyle who considers themselves either side of the coin.

It's honestly a conversation that I have with people often. It's something that tells you a lot about a person, when you know their opinion on the use of titles. But what is more interesting, in my opinion, are the titles that they enjoy. That speaks levels of their character and says a lot about who they are as a person. It's like with me and enjoying the title of being a slave's King. People can gather from that what they will, but in reality, it has far-reaching implications. Most just consider it a title of power, but it's more than that, to me. It describes both the level that I would like to rule someone as well as the era that interests me and dominates my personality (even though I am primarily 1950s).

What titles mean to most will differ from what they mean to me. Everyone has their own definition of their title, so the best course of action, in my opinion, is to just get to know a person, without the filter of titles. One will manifest itself over time, whether it's Sir, asshole, pet, girl, little one, or Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking