My Thoughts on Punishment

I do not punish, first of all, without telling the person what they did wrong. I tell them what the action was, what the wrong was, if they don’t understand, then they better ask because my hand or paddle or cane is coming down and it’s coming down soon.

As I stated, I cannot stand punishment. I cannot stand giving it, I cannot stand thinking of it. It hurts me more than it usually hurts my girls or boys. It upsets me. I dislike it. I sometimes end up crying after giving it. I’m a huge softie.

But it’s necessary, it must be done. I mostly do corporal punishment because that’s how I work - I want punishment quick, painful, and to end. I need it to have an end, otherwise, mentally, I cannot get over the hurdle. My s-type needs to as well - they need that ending stage.

I do not cuddle or coddle them after punishment. They get it, they count along with my strikes, and then it ends. I stop, tell them to get up, and go do something. I do not look them in the eyes. I do not hug them. They go do something service-related and then, later, after they have calmed and I have come down from the pain of administering punishment, I hold them and say, “It’s over. You won’t do it again, and we will prevent this from happening.”

My goal with my s-types is to prevent punishment. To prevent my anger, to serve me in a way that will calm me and keep me in that state of mind. If they harm the balance, then they have harmed me and they are deserving of punishment. If they break a rule, then they are to be punished. If they speak out of turn or are disrespectful, then they are to be punished. Period, end of discussion.

There are plenty of punishment methods that can be administered. Corporal is the one that most think of, but there are assignment-given punishments, grating tasks, making a person do something they’re not fond of, “The Corner,” ignoring the s-type, treating the s-type as an object and not as a human being (example: not looking them in the eyes when they are furniture, using them as a table and not in a loving way). But as always, for me, it must fit what’s been done. I’m not going to give someone 100 strikes of the cane if they’ve simply greeted me incorrectly or walked on the wrong side of me. I will more than likely guide them first, say something along the lines of, “girl/boy, do I need to remind you how to greet me?” or, “Walk on my right side, not my left.” It is their response to that simple correction that will determine the severity of the punishment.

Hopefully this clarifies some of my thoughts on punishment. But again, punishment is punishment. It isn’t play, it isn’t a joke, it isn’t fun. It is not fun. It is not supposed to be fun. If an s-type enjoys punishment, then again, this is not the lifestyle for them. That’s not being a submissive. That’s being a manipulative brat who likes to push people’s buttons. And it’s painful, and it’s hurtful.

Stop acting like the victim with your “safewords” on punishment. You hurt your Owner, you hurt your Dominant with your misbehavior, and now you need to deal with the consequences. If you do not trust my judgment as your Dominant to give the proper punishment fitting the action, then you should not be with me. I require full trust, and you must know that I will not harm you in a way that you do not need for your growth. If you do not trust me, then we shouldn’t be in a D/s relationship, and likewise, I should not be punishing you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking