30 Days of Kink: Childhood Experiences

Day 4: Any early experiences that, in retrospect, hint at your kinks?

Let me first tell you a bit about my family, so that it makes more sense as to why I had these experiences. My uncle was a Dominant, and he was heavily into the scene. When I was very small, say, around age one, my parents would take me to his woodworking shed. I had this obsession with the wood chips that would come off of his sculptures. When he died, my parents still exposed me to leather shops because I always wanted to go into them. Leather jackets, leather gloves (oh god, leather gloves), leather cowboy boots...I loved and wanted them all.

Some of the movies that I fell in love with in my childhood also hinted at my want to be someone's prince, someone's owner, someone's confidant and lover. One movie in particular that's very clear to me is Labyrinth, a movie that remains as one of my favorites. The way that Jareth wanted to hold control over Sarah was simply beautiful, and I always saw myself as a person very much like Jareth. I used to go so far as to dress up as him every Halloween. One of my favorite quotes from the movie is, "Fear me, love me, do as I say, and I will be your slave."

It may come as odd, but I also found it extremely attractive for people to be led around on leashes when I was very young. I once saw a lady being walked by her male partner and I just thought to myself, "One day, I want that. I want to lead someone around like that." It was an odd thought for a child to have, but I had it, who knows why. Also, I suppose that in relation to being a Dominant, I've always loved teaching others. It's always given me this sort of deep, embedded pleasure, to teach another person and have them learn and grow because of me.

Another thing that I did when I was young was play with my parents' floggers. Since my parents were switches and more of bedroom players, they had quite a few nice floggers and whips. I would take them, steal them, play with them, and generally enjoy them. They found it amusing and "cute," that I loved them so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking