30 Days of Kink: Ethics

Day 11: What are your views on the ethics of kink?

There's a line that's always drawn between abuse and what's acceptable in BDSM relationships. Me, I've always sort of teetered on that line, to be fully honest, both on the receiving and giving end. I've done some things that I'm not proud of, and I've had things done to me that I'm not particularly happy about either. However, it's always been a learning experience and an increased knowledge both of myself and how I react to things.

But in terms of a general idea of my views on such things, it's hard to say. I do not believe that a safe word is necessary. I do not believe that people need to necessarily fit to one standard or rule. I also do not believe that consent is always necessary. You can disagree or agree with me however you'd like, but I do feel that when someone is my slave, the need for a safe word, the right to their body, and their right to choose what I do with it is gone. That being said, it is my duty as their owner to take care of and cherish them as if they were my own flesh and blood.

But let's talk about BDSM as a whole, and the ethics on it as a lifestyle. I honestly think that there's nothing wrong with being in a BDSM-centered relationship, which makes sense considering the fact that I myself am into the 24/7 lifestyle. Many people do not understand or misinterpret what being a slave or Dominant really means—some people think that it means abuse, or that it's silly, that it's roleplaying, or that it's a game. But to me, they are roles and they are who we are. Because of that, I do not understand why there's a problem with being into BDSM. A person cannot control who they are. They can control their actions, how they act upon things, but if two consenting individuals decide to engage in a 24/7, D/s or M/s relationship, then that is their business, their choice, and their right.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking