30 Days of Kink: How Kink Has Improved My Life

Day 19: Any unexpected ways kink has improved your life? If so, what are they?

I wouldn't say that kink has improved my life in any unexpected way, honestly. But it has made me improve as a person, an individual, a man, and an adult. Because of being into the lifestyle, I learned to manage another human being and more importantly, manage and control myself. I am still working on that when it comes to anger (I do have a problem with that when I become too emotionally attached to someone), but I am still learning and growing.

Because of being in the lifestyle, I've learned so much about where my place in life is, when I must bow and when I must stand, who I must bow to and who I need to overcome. It may sound odd for a Dominant to say, but I am not always in a Dominant role, though I am always dominant. My bosses and supervisors do have power over me, which I give them, gladly. If I had not been into this lifestyle (which I was born into it, so I do not believe that that would be possible anyway), I probably would be a bit more resistant, a bit more annoyed at having to bow down to someone. But because I realize my place in life, I'm able to have that balance, that knowledge that this person is my superior and in order to be given, I must give.

It's the same for slaves, I feel, and it's what I expect from a slave—that they give to me without expectations of receiving, simply for the fact that I am their superior and that they realize that fact. These are all things I would not have learned had I not been into the lifestyle.

In addition to all of my personal growth, I have met some amazing people and some great individuals who, even though they may not agree with me at times, are great to talk to and are very reliable in so many ways. It's a wonderful community to be a part of, and I am so glad that I am. Not only is it who I am intrinsically, it's enjoyable, fun, exciting, and an experience in and of itself every single day. And hey, I also learned how to throw a flogger, crack a whip, use a riding crop, smack a girl on the ass, and fuck real damn good. But that all comes with the territory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Eden Cafe SponsoredTweets referral badge
Copyright © The Art of Lovemaking